Grilling year round is one of the benefits of living in SW Florida… YUM! Publix has a great deal for us grill fans. April 24 through May 8, shop the perimeter of the store and load up your cart with fresh delicious produce and meats. Then, complete your meals with participating products, condiments and sides, to save on store brand fresh items such as bagged salad, eggs, and fruit.

My grocery list this week includes chicken breast, rib eye steaks, and pork loins, apples, corn, Campari tomatoes, and pears, which are all on sale! A real sweet deal for grilling fans cause in my humble middle-aged opinion nothing goes better with grilled meals than a tossed green salad or grilled fresh fruit and vegetables. While one may not always be fond of midlife, it does provide time to focus on things we enjoy. It’s been awesome focusing on improving my grilling methods without the “prior distractions.” No kids to taxi about, bedtimes to meet, or discipline to administer, that is except for the hubby, lol.

 

My Top 5 Grilling Methods = Juicy Return

Grilled Pork Chops and Pineapple

  • Preheating the grill, it helps to maintain the cooking temperature.
  • Keep meat moist by marinating or coating lightly with olive oil or Italian dressings before grilling, and baste before turning.
  • Never use a fork. Piercing the meat or poultry creates a drain for those luscious juices.
  • Use a 60/40 time spread for cooking. Grill the first side for 60 percent of the overall time, turn and grill for remaining 40 percent. This provides evenly cooked food.
  • The most important tip for grilling meat is not to overcook. Use a timer, meat thermometer, and for heavens sake, don’t let those old thoughts about safe temperatures make you overcook the meat!

 

Yes, I have been working hard to prepare successful, delicious grilled meals and lovin’ it too, let me tell you. Last week we enjoyed grilled to perfection buffalo chicken breast and spicy bbq pork loin chops. No more dry chicken or shoe leathery pork, just juicy, nicely spiced grilled meat.

When blog spark and Publix invited me to participate in this fresh savings event, I was delighted. The sale information and a twenty-five buck gift pack were provided by Publix® through MyBlogSpark. They added to our weekly food budget, which prompted my purchase of those rib eye steaks – woo hoo!

Fresh Grilled  Fruits

The participating products include Ragú Pizza Quick (14oz jar), Wishbone Salad Dressing, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise (22oz or larger), Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust (love this stuff), Betty Crocker Muffin Mix, Progresso Breadcrumbs (15oz), Pepsi 2 liter (assorted bottles), Quaker Instant Oatmeal & Frito-Lay 20ct Multipack.

So, before you head out to take advantage of the savings at Publix®, be sure to download and print exclusive coupons at http://www.freshsavingsevent.com.

Connect with Publix for future savings events –

Coupons at Publix

Publix website

Publix on Facebook

Publix on Twitter


 Powered by Max Banner Ads