A well-respected midlife woman and Christian friend once told me, “Water is the gift of life. It was given by God.” Speaking with great inspiration, she explained how she believed that children who drank plenty of clean water warded of all types of illness. I followed her advice and attest to her beliefs. My boys rarely contracted a flu or cold that traveled through out their classrooms. Did you know every day more than 4,000 children in developing countries die, simply because they don’t have clean drinking water? Join Proctor and Gamble in the Children’s Safe Drinking Water Program (CSDW) to provide clean drinking water to people who really really need it. P & G believes our help will make a difference and this now midlife woman wholeheartedly concurs.
GIVE HEALTH collaborates with the non-profit P&G Children’s Safe Drinking Water Program (CSDW) to provide PUR packets in developing countries. Developed by P&G and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, PUR packets use some of the same ingredients as municipal water systems to remove pollutants from contaminated water. Since 2004, CSDW has provided over 3 billion liters of water to children in need in over 60 countries.
PUR Packet Facts
- The PUR packet is a powdered mixture that cleans contaminated water.
- Proven to eliminate disease causing microorganisms.
- Provide for the removal of more than 99.99999% of intestinal bacteria (including those that cause cholera), 99.99% of intestinal viruses (including those that cause hepatitis A) and 99.9% of protozoa.
- Reduce diarrheal disease incidence in the developing world by up to 90%.
- Remove dirt and other pollutants.
- Make clean drinking water for the entire family, including infants,
- Considered an effective technology by the World Health Organization.
Make a Difference
Supporting this effort is easy. Any one of these simple actions will inspire your network of family, friends, and business associates and help:
- Use the photos, videos, and content provided in the yellow tabs in the embedded video player as an inspiration for a blog post.
- Join GIVE HEALTH on Facebook
- Look for the GIVE HEALTH P&G brandSAVER coupon booklet printed on June 5, 2011 in your local newspaper. Each coupon redeemed results in one day of clean drinking water donated (equivalent to $.02)
While you’re checking your facebook page, commenting on a favorite blog, or tweeting with your associates, share the CSDW program. Who knows a few minutes of your social networking time could perhaps help provide clean drinking water for an entire family!